VISITOR PROTOCOLS FOR COVID-19 AT
Vermont Aged Care
Last Updated - 09/11/2020
With significantly reduced cases across the community, and eased restrictions across the state, please see below the Visiting protocols for Vermont effective from Tuesday 10/11/20. We look forward to a time where even greater flexibility with visiting loved ones is possible.
All visits to the home will be ‘by appointment’ only. This can be organised through reception (on 9873 5300 between 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday). This will assist in managing the health screens and number of visitors in the home at one time. A health check and questionnaire will be required as part of entry into our home.
The following visiting protocol will be in place:
- All visits are by appointment only - No appointment, No entry
- No Entry if:
- travelled overseas in the last 14 days,
- tested positive or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (unless a negative result has since been issued),
- awaiting a COVID-19 test result or a close contact is awaiting COVID-19 test result
- Limit of 1 household per resident per day (numbers subject to density quotient).
- Visits are limited to 40 minutes in duration
- A brief health screen of all individuals entering the home.
- Practice good hand hygiene on entry, during the visit and on exiting the home.
- Visits are to remain in the resident’s room or designated unoccupied outdoor area.
Electronic and other non-contact visits
You are now able to make zoom call bookings through reception. Some residents (depending on their room
locations) may be able to take window visits. Please advise reception if you are interested in exploring this
option. Depending on the weather, Balcony chats may also be organised through reception.
Should you wish to deliver a care package for your loved one, you are more than welcome to. Could I encourage
you to drop packages off between 10am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (when there is administration staff around
to collect and distribute the package). This will keep our frontline care staff focussed on caring.
Influenza Vaccine – Mandatory Requirement to enter Vermont
From 1 May 2020, entry into Vermont will require each individual to provide evidence of receiving this year’s influenza vaccine (or a medical certificate exempting you). Please email reception at firstname.lastname@example.org with your certificate, or bring it next time you visit.
COVID_19 Education Resources
It is highly recommended that visitors familiarise themselves with the Department of Health’s COVID-19 education resources.
Please download the app so you can protect yourself, your family and friends and save the lives of other Australians. The more Australians connect to the COVIDSafe app, the safer we will be.
Download the App
Apple iOS App Store or Android
COVID-19 Residential Care Visitor Access Code
The ‘visitor access code’ has now been launched. The Code provides principles around how residential aged care providers should create solutions to facilitate connections between families and residents. These include in-room Essential Visits for compassionate and care support reasons, safe Social Visits such as video calls, window and courtyard visits, and when visits should not be permitted. Vermont Aged Care supports the principles on which it is based.