VISITOR PROTOCOLS FOR COVID-19 AT
Vermont Aged Care
Last Updated – 1/3/2021
Vermont Aged Care is pleased to advise that on 24 February 2021, 98% of our residents received the Pfizer produced Vaccine. We believe this vaccine provides significant ad additional protection to the existing measures we have in place to keep our community safe. We look forward to the opportunity where this is made available to staff and the wider community.
Following the last weeks snap lockdown, we are so glad that our home is able to return to the COVIDSafe settings, enjoyed during Summer. We will continue to monitor and control access into the home to ensure an appropriate balance is achieved for our residents’ health and safety.
All visits to the home will be ‘by appointment’ only. This can be organised through reception (on 9873 5300 between 9:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday). This will assist in managing the health screens and number of visitors in the home at one time. A health check and questionnaire will be required as part of entry into our home. The following visiting protocol will be in place:
- All Visits are by appointment only – no appointment, no entry
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask whilst in the home.
- A brief health screen of all individuals entering the home.
- Visitor Entry times are strictly between the following times:
- Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm
- Saturdays 10am – 2pm
- No time limits on visit durations.
- No visitor limits per resident per day.
- All visits are to be in the resident’s room or a designated outdoor area.
- No Entry if:
- travelled to a COVID-19 hot spot (ie overseas) in the last 14 days,
- tested positive or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (unless a negative result has since been issued),
- currently awaiting COVID-19 test result or a close contact is awaiting their test result
- You haven’t received the current Influenza Vaccine (or a medical exemption)
- Practice good hand hygiene on entry, during the visit and on exiting the home.
- Please keep a distance of 1.5m (i.e. social distancing).
Our home is currently reviewing our 2021 Winter season protocols in relation to the need of having a vaccine prior to entry into the home. We are also seeking advice and/or direction from the Government in this regard.
COVID_19 Education Resources
It is highly recommended that visitors familiarise themselves with the Department of Health’s COVID-19 education resources.
COVID-19 Residential Care Visitor Access Code
Vermont Aged Care supports the principles of the ‘visitor access code’ to create solutions to facilitate connections between families and residents. These include in-room Essential Visits for compassionate and care support reasons, safe Social Visits such as video calls, window and courtyard visits, and when visits should not be permitted.